5. Marketing and we
Our company does not believe in marketing in its classical sense, in which the audience is presented with distorted reality, often with a lot of falsehoods and the use of large financial resources.
In our company there is no "sales" role, i.e. we do not have people who contact potential clients trying to sell them our services, as is the case in most companies in our industry.
Instead, we have opted for an approach in which we invest our money in business development, new technologies and a happier work environment. Our marketing activities are reduced to presenting what we do, and our excellent results sell our services. The largest number of our jobs (and new clients) was obtained on the basis of recommendations from our satisfied clients.
We use the same approach in marketing towards potential employees. We rather use our money to increase wages and improve working conditions than for commercials and services of employment agencies. You might wonder - how do we get new employees? We reach them in the way that every one of us, from the Vega IT company, works on marketing our company. We choose to help in promoting our company and our brand, in order to save money for things that are of larger significance to us.
In what way can we help in promoting our company and our brand? This can be done by creating a LinkedIn profile and keep it up to date, support our brand on LinkedIn by using profile photos provided by our company (photos with an orange horizontal line at the bottom). You can also engage in writing articles for the blog on our website and recommend our company to your acquaintances whenever there are open positions in it; acting responsibly on the Internet, even when you write in your own name and on your personal profiles. The latter is important because people who know where you work gain impressions on many things including our company, based on behavior on the Internet, especially when it comes to activities that have nothing to do with our work (e.g. racist comments, propagating extreme political views, publishing inappropriate photos and the like). Finally, the company does not prohibit you to write anything on your private profile, but you should be aware of your actions that (positively or adversely) affect the image of our company and yourself.
By working on the promotion of our company and its brand, we also work on the promotion and creation of our own brand. This is especially expressed through writing articles for the blog, but also publishing professional messages on social networks.
In case we do not have a LinkedIn account, we should create one. This is particularly important because of the clients and potential clients who often analyse our company by following a number of people who confirmed that they work in Vega IT Sourcing in their experience section on LinkedIn. It is important that we regularly update our LinkedIn profiles by adding information about the certificates we have received or the technologies we learn and work in. LinkedIn is a business social media network, which helps us increase the number of clients and relevant business people. Here are a few pieces of advice on how to create an excellent LinkedIn account:
1. If you don’t have one, please create a new LinkedIn account.
2. It is desirable that your profile photo is the photo of you which was taken in Vega IT Sourcing, but it is not obligatory.
3. Add the information about your previous experience and certificates you have. Please, update your current status regarding the job experience by adding information that you work in Vega IT Sourcing.
4. Add new skills that match your personal profile.
5. Expand your list of contacts. It is desirable to follow Vega IT Sourcing company’s profile and add other colleagues.
6. If you can, endorse your colleagues for the skills they are proficient at.
7. Regularly update your account.
Facebook is the most popular social media network on the Internet. If you have a personal profile on Facebook, it is desirable that you share it with our “Chief Marketing Officer”, Maja Božić and join our company group. Given that our company invests a lot of time and money into its team by organising paid team buildings, activities, travellings, lectures, workshops and alike, most of those events will be photographed and those photos will be published on our company ’s social media networks.
If however, you already have a Facebook profile, in order to promote the company better, you will be tagged on those photos. If, for any reason, you do not want to be tagged, please inform Saša Popović about it by sending him an email. To contribute to the way how other people see our company, we invite you to take part in our Facebook campaigns by:
• liking, sharing or commenting company statuses which you like
• Sharing any idea that you have and that you think will have a positive impact on our Vega IT brand
• Inviting your friends to participate in our campaigns
Twitter is a social media network that represents a mini blog and allows users to read other people’s messages and create their own mini text messages. If you have a personal profile on this social media network, it is desirable to share it with Maja Božić and start following our company page.
If you use the Twitter social media network, here are a few pieces of advice on how you can improve our company's business.
• While you are reading a good technical text, book or an article, it is desirable to Tweet about it on your personal profile, and then we will retweet it on our company Twitter page.
• This also refers to the Tweets you can create while listening to an interesting webinar, podcast, or while you are attending a technical meetup or a conference.
• If you publish the news regarding our company or anything connected to it, please use @username, that is, @vegaitsourcing. The official Vega IT company’s hashtag is #LifeAtVegaIT
Instagram represents a social media network which allows photo and video editing and sharing them with people around the world. If you have a personal profile on this social media network it is desirable that you share it with our Chief Marketing Officer Maja Božić and start following our company’s profile. Each colleague in our company has a chance (which is desirable) to share a photo, a story or a video of interesting moments at work and use the official company’s hashtag #LifeAtVegaIT.
Blog is our web diary. On our business blog, you can find more information about our business, awards, acknowledgements, technical articles, present and future projects, articles about our campaigns, charity events, team buildings, activities, travellings, etc. Each member of the Vega IT team has a chance to (and, this is desirable) write for Vega IT blog. Articles contribute to the higher visibility and better company rankings, and therefore more successful company business.